Strongsville, OH, USA
The primary duties of the Laboratory Technician include inspecting/testing various materials to determine conformance to customer orders/specifications. In addition, accountability for properly recording, verifying, and reporting all these activities is expected.
Each employee will work safely and obey all Environmental, Health & Safety rules and procedures under all circumstances, and follow safety policies. Each employee has a responsibility to ensure the QUALITY of our production process meets or exceeds customer expectations. “Customer” may be internal, i.e. the next downstream process. Report and communicate deviations to our quality standards. You have the responsibility to immediately correct the deviation and/or report this condition to the Lab Supervisor, Process Engineer, Manager, or MSO for root cause investigation and corrective action.
Ensure materials are prepped for the next shift Complete dispositions, data entries, and reporting not completed by the preceding shift Complete Special Requests testing when production testing is completed
Listed below are some specific duties of a Laboratory Technician. These are not to be construed as the complete list of job requirements or as any limitation to the quantity of work that may be required in the future.
Verification/test incoming, in-process, and final product/material to established specifications Determination of acceptability of products or material based on adherence to specification and acquired job knowledge of acceptable standards Proper identification of product or materials as required Timely completion of all required paperwork Notification of proper personnel that product or material does not conform to standards Disposition of product Correct documentation and traceability of all non-conforming product or materials Prepare material samples as required Operation of testing equipment per JTAs Perform daily upkeep and calibration of test equipment Assist process engineers or manufacturing personnel as needed Submit samples for outside testing as needed Complete Special Requests Maintain/complete test logs, SPC charts, repeatability studies, and test data Assist in writing, updating, and reviewing JTAs
In addition to the specific duties listed above, the following general functions/skills are included in the job:
- The ability to use the computer system to log results and other information
o SAP test reporting, report generation, certification generation
o Microsoft Excel data entry/calculations
o Minitab data entry and reporting
o Creating/revising documents using Microsoft Word
- The responsibility for maintaining a clean and orderly work area
- The responsibility for reporting maintenance requirements for the equipment used
- The responsibility for ordering chemicals or supplies from stores for the laboratory
- The responsibility to work in a safe manner and follow all the safety requirements
- High school diploma or GED and four years of proven analytical laboratory work experience measuring oxygen, carbon, surface area, and particle size distribution.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Pharmaceutical, or Biotechnology from an accredited university with experience measuring oxygen, carbon, surface area, and particle size distribution.
There are 2 openings.
- One position employee will work Sunday – Thursday 9:00am – 5:30pm
- One position employee will work Sunday – Thursday 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
Starting Wage: $30.19/hr
Momentive Technologies is committed to the principle of Equal Employment Opportunity for all employees or applicants for employment and to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Momentive Technologies are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to an individual’s actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, actual or perceived gender, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Quality Lab Supervisor
+1 440-732-5574 M